- Free refresher within a year
- Take it again! Within 12 months of any class that is still offered in that time, just get in touch and let us know when you want to audit. If there's a seat available, it's yours. Please read the full details
- Mac OS or Windows
- All of our computers can run your operating system of choice. No need to undo years of muscle memory.
- Small class sizes
- Since we strictly limit class size, you will not be just another head to count, but rather a learner with whom we're communicating and for whom we're customizing our content. Do you see the picture of our classroom? That's it. One of those cozy seats is for you.
- Carefully crafted curricula
- Constantly updated and never canned. No mass-produced workbooks geared for the lowest common denominator. Instead, each class exercise is evaluated and tweaked to be effective and often fun.
We teach Adobe Creative software, but also classes in photographic workflows, and several on "the basics" to get you started in web or desktop publishing. Our luxuriously small class sizes allow us adapt a course on the fly to accommodate that day's attendees. We teach people, not workstations.
- Super-comfortable facility
- From the lighting to the full kitchen; from your choice of operating system to the expansive deck for catching your breath, you'll feel right at home while you learn. Students even ask us where they can buy our chairs! And we're easily accessible from anywhere in the Seattle region.
- Adobe Certified Instructors
- Luminous Works classes focusing on Adobe software are taught by Adobe Certified Instructors; those who've both mastered the applications they teach, passing rigorous exams to prove it, and who demonstrate their teaching skills by becoming Certified Technical Trainers. They're also graded by you after every class.
We've all encountered experts who can't impart their knowledge. That isn't the case here.
Photography: Digital Camera Skills
Learn photography and create great images without getting lost in the technology.
Make your HTML and CSS more engaging and dynamic with animation and interactivity. This class is great preparation for our jQuery Essentials
Featured Classes:HTML and CSS Overview
not just for the web anymore Desktop Publishing Overview
A very good place to start HTML and CSS Level 2
Steve's latest book is getting great press!
Review in Rangefinder: Light Reading: On Taming Photoshop by Jim Cornfield
You're not alone!
We're honored by the many who've chosen to learn from us...
...and many, many more
Thanks to all our students!