If you are completely new to professional Desktop Publishing software, or if your experience is limited to Microsoft Office products, you should be familiar with the basic concepts and vocabulary covered in our Desktop Publishing Overview. If the topics outlined for that class are familiar, you're ready for this one!
who should take this class?
- Business professionals that want to streamline and standardize their workflow for e-mailing, sending, receiving and collecting data
- Anyone who wants to maximize the capabilities and functionality of forms
what we cover
(always customized for the students in attendance):
- Detecting form fields in a PDF using the Forms Wizard
- Adding new form fields from scratch
- How to Create and Use:
- Text fields
- Radio buttons
- Combo boxes
- Text areas
- Learn How to Use:
- Field calculations
- Digital signature fields
- Submit/Reset buttons
- Distributing forms using:
- A website
- Shared distribution
- dding password protection to forms
- Benefits and pitfalls of encrypting PDFs
- Tracking form results
- Viewing the data
- Collecting the data
Using and Creating Forms in Acrobat—one day— $275
To register, click on a starting date
At Luminous Works, you get . . .
- Free class refresher within 12 months...
- Take it again! Within 12 months of any class that is still offered in that time, just get in touch and let us know when you want to audit. If there's a seat available, it's yours. Please read the full details
- Bring home your work...
- Bring home your class files so you can practice what you learn with us. These training files often contain valuable tips and procedures, as well as what you may have created during class. Whether you want to show off the images from your photography class, the chapter you built in your InDesign training class, or you want to explore those features we covered in your Illustrator training class, or perhaps you want to post the site you built in your Dreamweaver training class, you'll have the resources to review and cherish your hard work..
- Mac OS or Windows...
- All of our computers can run your operating system of choice.
- Small class sizes—by design...
- We pride ourselves on our ability to tailor training examples and emphases on the fly. Since we strictly limit class size, you will not be just another head to count, but rather a learner with whom we're communicating.
- Carefully crafted curricula...
- Constantly updated and refined, and never canned. Here, you'll never be subjected to a mass-produced workbook that is geared for the lowest common denominator. Instead, each class exercise is evaluated and tweaked to be effective and often fun.
We teach the bulk of the Adobe Creative Suite, but that's not the whole story. We also teach classes in photographic workflows, and several classes on "the basics" to get you started in web or desktop publishing. And since we have intentionally small class sizes, we can adapt a course's curriculum on the fly to accommodate that day's attendees. We teach people, not workstations.
- Convenient & comfortable location...
- From the lighting to the full kitchen for lunch and breaks; from your choice of operating system to the expansive deck for catching your breath, you'll feel right at home while you learn. Students even ask us where they can buy our chairs! We're easily accessible from anywhere in the Seattle region.
- Adobe Certified Expert instruction
- Luminous Works classes focusing on Adobe software are taught by Adobe Certified Experts; those who've both mastered the applications they teach and pass rigorous exams to prove it.
We've all heard of knowledgeable experts who haven't the ability to impart their knowledge. You won't encounter that here.