Photographers who've taken our Photoshop Essentials course often ask "What's next?" This is it! Learn precise and powerful selection strategies, and use these to do precision color correction. We'll start with important tips of importing images and combining them as panoramics or "high dynamic range" (HDR) images. By the end of the day, you'll experience virtually an entire photographic workflow.
who should take this class?
- Photographers who need to take their color correction and other skills beyond the basics
- All who want to tweak their images and color appropriately and well
what we cover
(always customized for the students in attendance):
- Import and Development
- importing images with the Adobe Photo Downloader
- import and organizing tips
- basics of Adobe Camera Raw (ACR)
- Marquees & masks
- how to make and manipulate them
- combining selections strategically
- Isolate complex areas of images
- selecting by color
- selecting by edges
- fine-tuning selection edges: Refine Edge and other tools
- Attain pro-level control of Curves, Levels, and other color tools
- go from guesswork to high-speed
- using key shortcuts to achieve targeted color results
- separate tone from color for more accurate corrections
- adjustment vs correction: interpretation as well as accuracy
- migrating adjustment layers
- saving and sharing settings files
- HDR and Panoramics
- tips for both shooting and processing
- post-processing cleanup
- Image Refinements
- black & white
- remove noise and/or add grain
- retouching tips
- prepare for print
Photoshop CS6 Photo Workflow—one day— $275
To register, click on a starting date
At Luminous Works, you get . . .
- Free class refresher within 12 months...
- Take it again! Within 12 months of any class that is still offered in that time, just get in touch and let us know when you want to audit. If there's a seat available, it's yours. Please read the full details
- Bring home your work...
- Bring home your class files so you can practice what you learn with us. These training files often contain valuable tips and procedures, as well as what you may have created during class. Whether you want to show off the images from your photography class, the chapter you built in your InDesign training class, or you want to explore those features we covered in your Illustrator training class, or perhaps you want to post the site you built in your Dreamweaver training class, you'll have the resources to review and cherish your hard work..
- Mac OS or Windows...
- All of our computers can run your operating system of choice.
- Small class sizes—by design...
- We pride ourselves on our ability to tailor training examples and emphases on the fly. Since we strictly limit class size, you will not be just another head to count, but rather a learner with whom we're communicating.
- Carefully crafted curricula...
- Constantly updated and refined, and never canned. Here, you'll never be subjected to a mass-produced workbook that is geared for the lowest common denominator. Instead, each class exercise is evaluated and tweaked to be effective and often fun.
We teach the bulk of the Adobe Creative Suite, but that's not the whole story. We also teach classes in photographic workflows, and several classes on "the basics" to get you started in web or desktop publishing. And since we have intentionally small class sizes, we can adapt a course's curriculum on the fly to accommodate that day's attendees. We teach people, not workstations.
- Convenient & comfortable location...
- From the lighting to the full kitchen for lunch and breaks; from your choice of operating system to the expansive deck for catching your breath, you'll feel right at home while you learn. Students even ask us where they can buy our chairs! We're easily accessible from anywhere in the Seattle region.
- Adobe Certified Expert instruction
- Luminous Works classes focusing on Adobe software are taught by Adobe Certified Experts; those who've both mastered the applications they teach and pass rigorous exams to prove it.
We've all heard of knowledgeable experts who haven't the ability to impart their knowledge. You won't encounter that here.