We use PDFs constantly in our everyday work environment, now find out the correct methods to create and edit your own custom PDFs!
In this class you will discover how to make PDFs from many types of source files to create digital documents. The mystery of what settings to use and best practices to save trouble down the road will all be discussed in this hands-on class.
who should take this class?
- Designers wanting to add another skill to their services
- Marketers and those creating newsletters, brochures, annual reports and corporate training or sales manuals
- Business professionals that want to streamline their workflow for e-mailing, sending, receiving and collecting data
what we cover—in detail
(always customized for the students in attendance)
- Differences between Acrobat Pro and Adobe Reader
- Settings to use when beginning a PDF
- Turning scanned documents into PDFs
- Make PDFs using InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Word, etc...
- Working with Pages: add, delete, merge, rearrange
- Merging multiple files into PDF, or multiple PDFs into a singlePDF
- Turning non-PDF files into PDFs
- Cropping, adding crop marks, and changing the page size
- The value of Preset for Output
- Editing PDFs using Acrobat
- Changing type
- Basic editing of images and artwork
- Copying items from a PDF
- Making text recognizable using the OCR tool
- Basic vs. Presentation Mode
- Making PDFs work in both Acrobat Pro and Adobe Reader
- Utilizing an efficient Acrobat workflow
- Q & A