All those pesky details
* See Free Refresher below if you learn you absolutely cannot attend within 5 business days of class.
** Business days are Monday through Friday, from 9am to 5pm Pacific Time and exclude federal holidays.
A Friday evening communication is marked as received 9am Monday, or Tuesday, if Monday is a holiday.
Cancellation and Payment
The deadline for cancellation or transferring to another class is 5 business days** before the start of your class. See policies below if you hope to reschedule your attendance or transfer your enrollment to someone else.
Students canceling more than 5 business days before the start of class will receive a 95% refund (the remainder covers processing costs). Cancellations between 5 and 1 full business days before the start of class will receive a 70% refund. There will be no refund for cancellations made less than one full business day before the start of class. We understand that there are last minute emergencies: one may still use our free "refresher" in order to attend the class; see Free Refresher below for details.
If you choose payment by check on the enrollment form, know that we cannot hold seats until your payment is received and deposited. If your check arrives after a class has sold out, you will be automatically enrolled in the next upcoming session. There is a $35 fee for checks returned for insufficient funds. Please contact us for electronic transfer of funds and any other questions regarding payment.
In the very rare event of a cancellation by Luminous Works, students will have the choice of rescheduling to a later date or receiving a full refund.
Who can attend
Our classes are geared for adult education. Students aged 18 and over are welcome; those 13 to 18 may enroll with prior approval only.
Only enrolled students may remain in the classroom during class time. Of course, if one needs an assistance provider (e.g., interpreter for the hearing impaired), exceptions are made. Be aware that our classroom is accessible only by stairs.
Rescheduling Your Attendance
Twice Only, and Class Must Be Taken Within 12 Months of Original Enrollment
The deadline for rescheduling to another date or another course is 5 business days before the start of your class. You may reschedule a class in which you’ve enrolled (or for which you have a gift certificate or credit) only twice (and before the deadline) and you must take the class within a year of the original class date or we will consider your registration cancelled and refund your payment less our processing costs per our cancelation policy.
Gift Certificates and Credits
Gift certificates must be redeemed for a class within one year of issue. Credits must be redeemed within one year of original class date.
Transferring Enrollment to Another Student
If a co-worker or friend can attend your class for you, you may transfer the enrollment up until 1 full business day before the start of class. However, only the person who is finally enrolled in a class may attend a refresher (see following).
What we call the "audit"
Although we enjoy seeing our students again, we can offer only one refresher class per student per normal class enrollment. The audit must be taken within one year of the original class enrollment, not rescheduled class dates. Not all classes are held every month and we discontinue classes from time to time, so plan ahead!
to commit to a date for your audit and to be on the waiting list. Remember, we have only 9 workstations: non-auditing students are given first priority, then the earliest audit requests. Audits are not transferable to other students, nor are there refreshers for those rare workshops with special guest instructors. If the class fills, we’ll provide you with 24 hours notice and let you choose another date.
Enjoying your refresher from the red couch with your own laptop and software will increase the likelihood of getting the date you request.
The deadline for canceling or rescheduling your refresher is 1 business day before the start of your refresher class. No-shows may not reschedule their audit (“use it or lose it”).
Classes specifically addressing an Adobe product are taught by Adobe Certified Instructors, if certification exists for that product. Classes for other topics (e.g. photography, graphic design, etc.), which may or may not feature Adobe applications, are taught by experts carefully screened for their teaching skills.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This document sets forth the terms and conditions under which payment for Luminous Works, LLC, services is to be made. This document also sets forth the limited conditions under which refunds may be due in the event a classroom program or other service, for which payment had already been received by Luminous Works, LLC, is cancelled by Luminous Works, LLC.
- Payment for Luminous Works, LLC classroom programs and other services is due in full in advance at time of registration.
- Luminous Works, LLC, shall be entitled in its discretion to cancel classroom program(s) at any time prior to any program's start time. Should Luminous Works, LLC, cancel any classroom program for under-subscription or any reason in its sole discretion, full refund or credit for any pre-paid cancelled program will be made promptly following cancellation. Luminous Works, LLC, shall have no liability for any other or further claims of any kind arising from or related in any way to its cancelling a program.
- In the event Luminous Works, LLC commences action of any kind in connection with collection of any fees or costs due it, then the party substantially prevailing in any such action shall have reasonable attorney fees and all costs of the action, including fees and costs incurred in connection with any trial de novo or appeal and the fees of any expert(s), from the other party.
- Venue of any action brought in connection herewith shall be in King County, Washington