At a glance:
Note: See Free Audit below if you learn you cannot attend an in-person class within 5 business days of the scheduled class start date.
* Business days: Monday through Friday, from 9am to 5pm Pacific Time and exclude federal holidays.
Example: a Friday evening communication is marked as received 9am Monday (or Tuesday, if Monday is a holiday).
In greater detail:
Cancellation & Transfers
The deadline for transferring to another class is 5 business days before the start of your class. See policies below if you hope to reschedule your attendance or transfer your enrollment to someone else.
Students canceling more than 5 business days before the start of class will receive a 95% refund (the remainder covers processing costs).
Cancellations between 5 and 1 full business days before the start of class will receive a 70% refund.
There are no refunds for cancellations made less than one business day before the start of class.
We understand that there are last minute emergencies! One may use our free "refresher" in order to attend the class: see Free Audit below if you learn you cannot attend an in-person class on the scheduled date.
If you have COVID or flu-like symptoms the day of class, please let us know as soon as possible and do not come to class; we will provide a 95% refund (the remainder covers processing costs). Otherwise our usual policies (above) apply. Please contact us with any questions.
In the very rare event of a cancellation by Luminous Works, students will have the choice of rescheduling to a later date or receiving a full refund.
If you request payment by check on the enrollment form, know that we cannot hold seats until your payment is received and deposited. If your check arrives after a class has sold out, you will be automatically enrolled in the next upcoming session. There is a $35 fee for checks returned for insufficient funds. Please contact us for electronic transfer of funds and any other questions regarding payment.
Credits must be redeemed within one year of original class date.
Rescheduling Your Attendance
You may reschedule only twice and must complete the class within 12 months of the original class date
The deadline to reschedule to another date or another course is 5 business days before the start of your class. You may reschedule a class in which you’ve enrolled (or for which you have a gift code or credit) only twice (and before the deadline), unless transferring to an earlier class. You must take the class within a year of the original class date or we will consider your registration cancelled and refund your payment less our processing costs per our cancelation policy.
Transferring Enrollment to Another Student
If a co-worker or friend can attend your class for you, you may transfer the enrollment up until 1 full business day before the start of class. Be aware that only the person who is finally enrolled in a class may attend a refresher (see following).
Life happens! If what you learned in class has begun to slip from memory, use the audit as a refresher within one year of the original class!
Or if you realize you can’t attend an in-person class in which you’ve enrolled, but the deadline to cancel or reschedule has passed, the audit could be your means to take the class later.
to commit to a date for an in-person audit and to be on the class waiting list, or, if you've purchased an on-demand video of a course, let us know you would like to have a second two-week period to enjoy it.
Remember, we have only 8 workstations: non-auditing students are given first priority, then the earliest audit requests. We’ll notify you one business day before class to let you know if the class has filled or not. If class is full, we'll let you choose another date.
Let us know if you’re able to enjoy your in-person audit from the red couch with your own laptop and software: this often makes it far more likely to get in a popular class on the requested date.
- The audit must be taken within one year of the original class enrollment date, not rescheduled class dates. Not all classes are held every month and we discontinue classes from time to time, so plan ahead!
- Audits are not transferable to other students.
- There are no audits for one-on-one consults, custom classes, or workshops with special guest instructors.
- Although we enjoy seeing our students again, we can offer only one audited class per student per normal class enrollment.
- Of course, the audit must be for the same course as your original enrollment (e.g. you can’t audit an Illustrator class as a result of enrolling in a Photoshop class).
- The deadline for canceling or rescheduling your audit is 1 full business day before it starts or it's considered a no-show. No-shows may not reschedule.
Who's in the room?
Only enrolled students may remain in the classroom during class time. Of course, if one needs an assistance provider (e.g., interpreter for the hearing impaired), exceptions are made. Be aware that our classroom is accessible only by stairs.
We do not share or sell your personal information (email, address, phone, etc.) with anyone.
Classes specifically addressing an Adobe product are taught by Adobe Certified Instructors, if certification exists for that product. Classes for other topics (e.g. photography, graphic design, etc.), which may or may not feature Adobe applications, are taught by experts carefully screened for their teaching skills and expertise.
A cookie is a small file that can be placed on your device that allows us to remember certain data about your use of the site. For our site, cookies are sent to your browser and stored on your computer, tablet, or mobile device only to maintain the shopping cart, aid the checkout process, and store your choice of Light Mode or Dark Mode. Our website cannot access third-party cookies (those created by other sites), nor can other organizations access the data in the cookies we use for our website.
It is possible to stop your browser from accepting cookies altogether by changing your browser’s cookie settings. That will prevent signing up for classes, however. You can usually find cookie settings in the “options” or “preferences” for your browser. Use the “Help” option in your browser to learn more.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This document sets forth the terms and conditions under which payment for Luminous Works, LLC, services is to be made. This document also sets forth the limited conditions under which refunds may be due in the event a classroom program or other service, for which payment had already been received by Luminous Works, LLC, is cancelled by Luminous Works, LLC.
- Payment for Luminous Works, LLC classroom programs and other services is due in full in advance at time of registration.
- Luminous Works, LLC, shall be entitled in its discretion to cancel classroom program(s) at any time prior to any program's start time. Should Luminous Works, LLC, cancel any classroom program for under-subscription or any reason in its sole discretion, full refund or credit for any pre-paid cancelled program will be made promptly following cancellation. Luminous Works, LLC, shall have no liability for any other or further claims of any kind arising from or related in any way to its cancelling a program.
- In the event Luminous Works, LLC commences action of any kind in connection with collection of any fees or costs due it, then the party substantially prevailing in any such action shall have reasonable attorney fees and all costs of the action, including fees and costs incurred in connection with any trial de novo or appeal and the fees of any expert(s), from the other party.
- Venue of any action brought in connection herewith shall be in King County, Washington.